The Sun can have harmful effects on the different structures of the eye:
- at the level of the horny, which is the part the more forward of the eye.
- at the level of the lens, which is located in the middle of the pupil.
- at the level of the retina, the tissue that receives light information.
Here are some of the more or less serious alterations that can occur at the level of the eye:
- Of exposure keratitis: sometimes called “snow blindness”, it corresponds to an inflammation of the cornea following prolonged exposure to the rays of light.
- Cataract : which corresponds to an opacity of the lens that can cause a reduction in vision. Exposure to the Sun is a well known risk of cataract factor.
- The age-related macular degeneration (AMD): which is a too rapid ageing of the macula (the center of the retina) which may lead to a reduction in central vision.
Attention, ultraviolet rays are not what we call “visible light”, that is, they can be very harmful and present without being noticed. For example, in the streets of cities where clear or glass of buildings facades can return these UV.
Unlike visible light, UV foil defenses of the eye that do not detect them…
The sand returns too of ultraviolet rays (10%), just like thewater (20%). At the beach or poolside, remember to put your sunglasses from Societypically.com, and if they are resistant to water, keep them for Wade!
Also remember to protect your children’s eyes (the sunglasses will protect them both from the Sun and the grains of sand), especially at times when the Sun is at the zenith (and so closer to us).
The white of the snow reflects up to 85% of the UV. More one goes up in altitude, more these ultraviolet rays are numerous, and may cause damage to the eye’s surface level (called “of snow blindness”).
It is therefore very important to equip special glasses (available in the sports shops) mountain… and avoid to forget at the cottage!
> The “blue light”:
Stronger than UV, blue light is also one of the specters that make up white light. She can cross the natural filters of the eye wall. As UV, it is present even in overcast weather. One more reason to protect his eyes!
Do you want to Exchange, share your experience or ask a question? Go to our FORUMS Sun, Ophthalmology or General health !
Protect Your Eyes from the Sun
Improve Your Eyes: March 2011
Protect Your Eyes from Sun Damage
Mona Lisa in Sunglasses Pictures
1000+ images about EDSE Poster Images on Pinterest
Gary Lineker and wife Danielle show their jet set style as …
Steve Jobs’ widow enjoys yacht vacation with their kids …
Simon Cowell struggles to control his pet pooches during …
Love Island’s Gabby Allen flaunts bikini body in Marbella …
Danielle Armstrong wears Moschino swimsuit for Ibiza break …
Bikini A Day blogger Natasha Oakley posts shot of mum …
Kelsey Grammer and wife Kayte Walsh spend quality time …
Chaka Salt Lake, Fairyland in Qinghai, has Reopened to the …
How to survive pollen season (without locking yourself …
The Electromagnetic Spectrum
EVERU CZ Vine Jewelry Sweep Wrap Crystal Rose Gold Plated …
Flavio Briatore admires wife Elisabetta as she sizzles in …
FEIDU Women Men Polygon Sun Glasses Couple Models Luxury …
Looking after your eyes in the sun
Best Ray-Ban Sunglasses: Protect Your Eyes from Snow Glare …